Friday, September 25, 2009

DOTCOM Phase #3, Module 2 - Exploring REEL BAD ARABS



Hi Everybody!

I remember the football club of Manchester City, when i say Arab! because arabian millioner bought this club of little time ago and it was shown in each Television channel! I always watch sport news. Thats why i have known it.



1)THE THREE-PART BRAIN - In what ways do YOU think REEL BAD ARABS attracted your REPTILIAN (instinctual), FEELING (limbic) and THINKING (neo-cortex) brains?


This video inflainfluendce to my limbic andneocortex brain! i felt the beanty of arabian music. it impressed my limbic brain!


2)PRODUCTION


During the video i noticed the lambasting attitude of Hollywood against Arabs. I think Arabs are very thoughtful and tolerant, careful people!


3)PERSUASIVE TECHNIQUES


Symbol- i these films, Arabs were introduced as the symbol of terrorism.


Big lie- I think the thoughts of Hollywood are just big Lies! To make such negative stereotypes about the one typical nation of east are very strange


4) Suggestion


I think Togrul is right! I can't answer this question! because i like only watch TV( movie).


Effects
I like almost all persuasive techniques in the video. Especially i wally like the wonderful music voice.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Novruz,

    You make a wonderful point about REEL BAD ARABS here, my friend.

    Even though the film's ARGUMENT (think Neocortex) is about Hollywood stereotyping Arabs, the MUSIC in the film is beautifully soothing in its own way.

    Thanks for making me think.

    No suggestions?

    Go DOTCOM! Go Novruz!

    W

    ReplyDelete